Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Last Week's Restaurant

When Tim was laid off last March, stress eating kicked in. And when we moved to Texas, trying new restaurants was so tempting. Needless to say, our svelte selves are no longer as svelte. But we're getting back on track. We've joined the YMCA, I'm running more and we're cutting back our restaurant visits.

Don't fret, though, we still have a find to share with you: Dickey's Barbecue Pit. Although we've been warned that pulled pork isn't so swell around here, I gave it a shot. I'm really glad I did. It was very lean and tender. Next time, though, I'll forgo the too-sweet sauce. I also enjoyed the jalapeno beans (think spicy baked beans). Just as we expected, there isn't much green on the menu here... just green beans (cooked with loads of salt and bacon, of course) and salad, which Tim enjoyed with his beef brisket and sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment