Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Wishing all of our friends and family much love on this Valentine's Day. We celebrated this weekend since I had a lovely root canal on the actual day of love. On Saturday, after being in below-zero Missouri for work most of the week, Tim gifted me a day to myself. It was glorious. I shopped, had lunch, browsed an antique shop and even went to the grocery store alone (if you don't have kids you can't truly appreciate the joy in that last one).

On Sunday, after I met my running group, the three of us had a picnic lunch at the FW Botanic Gardens. Tim and Nigel read a Valentine's book (above), and Nigel and I showed Tim some of our favorite spots. Next stop, the FW Zoo, where Nigel enjoyed an ice cream cone and saw a baby monkey, among other things. After an early dinner and bedtime for Nigel, Tim and I had a takeaway sushi dinner at home (again, if you don't have kids you can't really appreciate how nice it is to have dinner and conversation alone with your partner). It really was the best Valentine's I ever had. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing husband!

Need more sappy stuff from the McDonald gang? I'll leave you with this conversation between Nigel and I after we visited the mall play area on Thursday.

Me: Nigel, did you like playing with that little girl?
Nigel: Yeah, she looked like a ballerina.
Me: She sure did. I liked her tutu. How come you were hugging her so much?
Nigel: I hugged her because I loved her so much. So very much.
Me (before dinner a few hours later): Nigel, we need to wash your hands for dinner. You probably got some germs while you were at the play area.
Nigel: I got germs when I was hugging that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment