Friday, January 28, 2011

Texas Fashion

Texas fashion is a bit more casual than the East Coast, but it's not frumpy. Tim says it's quite common to see businessmen downtown in jeans, boots, cowboy hat and a bolo tie. And the women I see out and about at the play areas are always very put together. Who doesn't want to put their best foot forward in a new town? So, little by little we're changing our ways, too.

Without much help from us, Nigel has always been fashionable. His wardrobe is quite impressive, complete with sweater vests, button up shirts and a driving hat. The moment my mom found out we were moving to Texas she ordered Nigel some killer cowboy boots. He wore them with his cowboy Halloween costume, and he still wears them at least once a week. Uncle John gave him the super cool shirt above for Christmas.

I'm trying to catch up to Nigel's coolness by making a conscious effort not to wear my yoga pants for anything but yoga. I also got a hair cut and am wearing the super cool Corral cowboy boots that Tim got me for Christmas. I still have a ways to go before I'm making a fashion statement in Dallas, but my yoga pants are appreciating the vacation.









No comments:

Post a Comment